Friday, January 11, 2008

Johor MIC leader shot dead

What's happening-lah?
I hope the PM's promise "for drastic action" against crime is for real. Criminals seem to be so brazen, like they really couldn't careless about the law or/and getting caught.

Here's a murder case in Johor:

Tenggaroh State Assemblyman Datuk S. Krishnasamy was found shot dead inside a lift at the MIC building in Jalan Segget this afternoon (Friday Jan 11).
The 61-year-old politician was found slumped in a pool of blood about 2.10pm by MIC officials.
It is understood that earlier, Krishnasamy, who was also MIC state liaison deputy chairman, was headed towards the second floor of the building to attend a liaison meeting.
Johor police deputy chief, Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Sharif said a special unit was set up to investigate the murder.
He appealed to the public to let the police probe the killing and not to speculate on its motive.
R. Vithiya Mohan, the Johor Puteri MIC chief, had found the body in the lift. No weapon was found near the body.
According to a witness, a man was seen leaving the place hurriedly on a motorcycle.
Krishnasamy is the second MIC state assemblyman to have been shot dead. In November 2000, Lunas state assemblyman Dr Joe Fernandez, 54, was shot by a pillion rider on a motorcycle when he stopped at a traffic junction in Bukit Mertajam.
Krishnasamy, who is also a member of the MIC national central committee, became the state assemblyman for Tenggaroh in the 2004 general election.
He was also the MIC Labis division chief.
Taman Datuk Chellem MIC branch head S. Arumugam said before Krishnasamy entered the MIC building, he (Arumugam) had lunch with him at a restaurant in Jalan Trus, about one km away, together with three MIC divisional heads.
"We just chatted...Datuk (Krishnasamy) had nasi campur," he said.
After lunch, Krishnasamy excused himself as he wanted to attend a meeting at the MIC building and left in another car, he said.
Arumugam said upon reaching a car park outside the MIC building, he heard two women crying in the building.
Vithiya, meanwhile, said she wanted to take a lift to go to the 5th floor but was shocked to find that a body was slumped against the wall in the lift.
Police said they were investigating whether Krishnasamy carried a gun himself.
His body was taken to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital for a post-mortem.-Bernama

1 comment:

multidimid said...

For latetst update details &
MORE PICS & Video – Krishnasamy MIC Tenggaroh assemblyman Gunned down in Lift in MIC HQ; Vithiya Mohan, MIC Puteri Chief found body at about 2.10pm 2nd MIC Assemblyman Killed in Similar Manner.
Go H E R E
and Krishnasamy attack on DAP Kulasegaran at Maika Meeting on 31Oct 2006