Monday, April 28, 2008

Jeff And 221 Other New MPs....

Yes, brother Jeff Ooi -- now Yang Berkhidmat and raring to go as a new parliamentarian, joins 221 others who will be sworn in the Dewan Rakyat today.

The 12th Parliament promises to be exciting given the large number of members from Pakatan Rakyat, most of whom are activists and bloggers.

Jeff, a blogger who is being sued by NSTP and 3 others, writes in his blog, Screenshots, under the posting, "Time To Get Even:

"The defamation suit against me, the blogger, is over one year old and no new grounds had been made to face off the plaintiffs -- NSTP & Others -- in the open court.

With or without judiciary reforms in Malaysia, I have decided to take the offensive and take them on, one by one, big man or small man.

I have been asked to set aside another RM12,000.00 for the solicitor's part of the cost in defending myself, and I am determined to clear my name. Kalimullah Masheerul Hassan, Hishamuddin Aun and Brendan Pereira, who sued me alongside the listed company, the NSTP, must be prepared to see me to the last drop. It's also time to say all that should be said in the court, with evidence."

From Wednesday, viewers nationwide can follow proceedings on television when the first 30 minutes of the Question Time segment is covered live.

UPDATE: Jeff is "blogging live" from Parliament. Click here.

Here's an article - Malaysian Elections Bring Activists, Bloggers and 'Rabble-rousers' In Parliament - by the Associated Press.

No comments: