Rick Edmonds cites 7 reasons newspapers are not rebounding financially. He's talking, of course about the American experience. But yeah, the newspaper business in this country can relate to that too.
Here are Edmonds' 7:
1. Advertising revenues are still falling.
2. Online and other digital growth doesn't take up the slack.
3. Newsprint prices are rising again.
4. Other cost reductions are cycling through.
5. Circulation revenues have gone flat.
6. The "death spiral" cycle continues.
7. Debt continues to be problematic.
The article HERE.